The Contin Community Trust primary reasons for existing are:-
1. The provision of recreational facilities with the object of improving the condition of life for the public of all ages primarily resident within the designated neighbourhood.
2. The provision of management and maintenance of such recreational facilities.
Membership of the Trust is free and open to residents over the age of 16 and within the following postcode areas:
IV14 9EP IV14 9ER IV14 9ES IV14 9EB
IV14 9EU IV14 9EE IV14 9EF IV14 9EG
IV14 9EL IV14 9EQ IV14 9EJ IV14 9EN
IV14 9ED IV14 9EW
Currently the Trust own and manage Contin Community Hall.
Their priority is to have as many services and activities as possible running in the hall and on it's grounds. It's not about the hall, but what you do with it that counts.
Their regular community events include:
- Children and Seniors Christmas Parties
- New Year party
- Easter events
- A community summer event such as a gala day or similar
- Bonfire Night
- and many more
They also host:
- arts classes,
- social lunches
- holiday playscheme
- a free community library
- Bouncy castle parties
Plus many public and private bookings.
The hall has:
- Main hall with kitchen area for up to 70 persons
- South hall which is a 20m x 8m carpeted area used for indoor bowling and other activities
- Small meeting room and library
- Members of the public can access the toilets whenever the building is open
- A small shop which sells gifts, curios and a selection of upcycled objects and furniture
Please visit the 'Contact Us' page to get in touch.